Jefferson County (Virtual) Farm Tour
Celebrating locally grown food, fiber, and farm-made products
September 18-19, 2020
PARTICIPANTS: The 18th Annual Jefferson County Farm Tour will be a unique opportunity to engage with the farming community _virtually_. For public health reasons, Farm Tour will not be taking place on farms, instead there will be various digital ways to learn about, engage with, and purchase from local farmers, with this website acting as the gateway. Visit again in September!
FARMERS: The Farm Tour Participation Application is open for Jefferson County Farmers, and responses are due on July 8th. Farmers can participate in one or multiple of the following ways (these are described in greater detail in the Farm Tour Application):
- Have a description & photo of your farm on the Farm Tour website, linking to your farm's website and advertising how to purchase your products (all participating farms will have this).
- Allow a local photographer to take a photo series of your farm that will "go live" just before Farm Tour. Farmers will be able to use these photos after Farm Tour for their own promotion.
- Create new digital content related to your farm and/or your farm's products (a short video, a written 'how-to' guide, a set of recipes using your products, etc) that will "go live" on Farm Tour weekend.
- Host a one-hour live presentation over video-conference on Farm Tour weekend. The Farm Tour Coordinator will provide some tech support.
Jefferson County Farm Tours Mission:
- Celebrate locally grown food, fiber, and farm-made products
- Invite community members to learn from and engage with their local farmers
- Stimulate economic opportunity for farms in Jefferson County