"We appreciate everyone who comes to our farm stand and the Farmers Markets to purchase our products. With so many of our other sales outlets gone, we depend even more on people coming out and purchasing our healthy organic food. COVID-19 has emphasized how important our local community is to our success." - John Bellow & Roxanne Hudson
ABOUT SPRINGRAIN FARM & ORCHARD:
SpringRain Farm & Orchard is a 28-acre certified organic family farm located in the heart of Chimacum. The co-owners, John Bellow and Roxanne Hudson, have worked with their farm team to develop an ecologically-based diversified production system. We grow orchard fruit and raise 10 different kinds of berries along with mixed salad greens, tomatoes and other warm weather crops, and winter greenhouse production. We also focus on producing ethically-raised protein and raise chickens, ducks, and rabbits. We have integrated conservation hedgerows and riparian buffers throughout the farm to provide habitat for lots of birds, reptiles, amphibians, and native pollinators.
SpringRain Farm & Orchard is unique because of our focus on season extension and out of season production. Our growing strategies complement other growers because we emphasize the production of crops when they are not normally being produced. We are focused on reducing our carbon footprint through carbon sequestration, geothermal earth-sheltered greenhouses, and our 9.8 kW solar array that produces electricity for the farm. Using unheated greenhouses lets us produce food year round for the local community, which means the local community has access to organic, healthy food raised locally at a time when most produce is shipped in.
- Frozen chicken, duck and rabbit
- Blueberries and perhaps apples
- Mixed salad greens, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, basil
- Jams made from our own fruit
- Pestos made from our own herbs
HOW TO PURCHASE:
- Port Townsend Farmers Market
- Ballard Farmers Market
- Port Townsend Co-op
- Chimacum Corner Farmstand
- Our on-farm farmstand: Open 7 days a week during daylight hours. It is self-service and we take a variety of payment types. We stock it each day with the products we have available. It is located off of Highway 19 on the north side of HJ Carrol Park.