Jefferson County Virtual Farm Tour
Celebrating locally grown food, fiber, and farm-made products
September 19-20, 2020
Welcome to the Virtual Farm Tour!
Missed the live presentations?
YOU CAN STILL VIEW ALL OF THE PRESENTATIONS!
On this page you will find:
- Extended profiles, professional photos, and "farm-fresh" videos from over 20 local farms
- A schedule of six live online presentations happening the weekend of September 19 & 20
- Resources for home canners and local foodies
To watch this video with subtitles, CLICK HERE.
THANK YOU PHOTOGRAPHERS!
This year's beautiful Virtual Farm Tour photos were taken by these volunteer photographers:
Help keep Farm Tour going!
Over the weekend of September 19 & 20 there will be six online presentations with local farmers!
These presentations will be streamed live for free along with a Q&A following each presentation.
To view these on twitch all weekend long, (no login or registration required!) just
or go to: https://www.twitch.tv/theproductionalliance
You can ask questions of the presenters easily, in three ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: (360) 390-5262
- Chat: when you enter a question in the chat section you will be prompted to create a free Twitch account
Instructions for using the chat feature on twitch.tv:
NOTE: These instructions are for desktop or laptop computer screens, if you are using a mobile device these steps may differ.
IMPORTANT: First you must click on the link above or go to: https://www.twitch.tv/theproductionalliance
If the chat window is not open
If the chat window is not already open when you arrive at twitch, just click on the button that says "Chat" with an arrow.
If there still isn't a chat window open
If you don't see a chat window along the right side of the screen, try clicking the little arrow icon in the upper righthand corner of the video screen to expand the chat window.
NOTE: You may be prompted to login or create a free twitch account in order to send messages in the chat window.
Still doesn't work...
Feel free to text questions to: (360) 390-5262
or email them to: email@example.com
Saturday, September 19
Sunday, September 20
About Farm Tour
The annual Jefferson County Farm Tour was started by the WSU Jefferson County Extension in 2003, as a harvest festival and celebration of local food and farming. Over the 18 years of Farm Tour it has grown to feature a wide variety of farms as the agriculture industry in Jefferson County continues to thrive and diversify.
In 2019, WSU formed a partnership with The Production Alliance to manage the Farm Tour. The Production Alliance is a newly formed nonprofit dedicated to stewarding local traditions that build community through celebration. The Jefferson County Farm Tour fits beautifully within the mission of The Production Alliance's work. WSU Jefferson County Extension and The Production Alliance have found that this partnership is beneficial to the sustainability of the Farm Tour.
Virtual Farm Tour Contact: Justine Gonzalez-Berg | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date with Farm Tour by joining our mailing list, HERE.
Preserving the Harvest
Here are some resources for those who want to put up the harvest!
- Food Preservation recipes and factsheets
- Preserve the Taste of Summer - Online Course
- Consumer Food Safety Resources
- Food Safety Basics
Eat Local First Olympic Peninsula
Eat Local First Olympic Peninsula is a newly launched campaign aiming to achieve these goals:
- Grow and sustain sales for local farmers and food producers
- Grow sales for locally-owned food business i.e. grocery stores, bakeries, restaurants, fisheries, and wine, cider and beer maker
- Minimize barriers for institutional food buyers i.e. hospitals, schools, retirement homes, community organizations who want to purchase local and regionally sourced food
- Increase access to local and regionally sources food for low-income and rural populations
- Serve as the trusted community resource for finding seasonal, local and regional foods from the Olympic Peninsula region
- Educate consumers on how to use local crops and when they are in season
Learn more about their work on the Eat Local First Olympic Peninsula website.
Farm Tour's Mission
- Celebrate locally grown food, fiber, and farm-made products
- Invite community members to learn from and engage with their local farmers
- Stimulate economic opportunity for farms in Jefferson County